Engage your students with one of my personal favorite units on gender and stereotypes! These very important sociology concepts will lead your students to think critically about the people and the world around them through hands-on activities. My students especially love learning about this material about gender! I love teaching this unit and I know that you will, as well!
⭐Looking for a full Sociology course?⭐
This product is included in my full-year course.
Check out my tried-and-true full-year Sociology Course below!
- Files are all organized into folders for easy access
- Lesson plan pacing calendar for each unit to help you in planning
- FREE updates: I teach this course every year and update my plans
- All the videos are included in Powerpoint presentations
- Email support directly from me
- Teacher created and tested by someone with 13 years of experience
- Optimized for 55-minute lessons but adaptable to your schedule
- 19 Complete lesson plans (possibly 21 days long)
- Hands-on student activities + all needed materials to implement the lessons
- Web searches
- Video links and questions/handouts
❗You will need to purchase “Misrepresentation and the Mask you Live In” on Amazon, Netflix or from another vendor to teach this unit❗
⇒ Dating and Gender Websearch
⇒ Gender and Toy Project
⇒ Gender Test
⇒ Gender Expectations Lesson
⇒ Miss Representation Video Handout
⇒ The Mask You Live In Video Handout
⇒ Transgender Lesson (3-4 days)
⇒ Gender Music Analysis Project
- How does the media misrepresent women?
- How society influence our expectations about gender?
- How do we fit into social expectations about gender? What does it mean to be a man vs woman?
- How are gender norms reinforced?
- What are the most prevalent types of social segregation for women?
- How is gender portrayed in the music industry?
- What does it mean to be transgender?
- What is domestic violence and how can we stop it?
⚠️Still need some convincing?⚠️
As a secondary Social Studies teacher, I truly understand the lack of resources provided to us, along with the multitude of preps that are assigned to each teacher. I know the feeling of having to plan for several advanced classes each day, which can be very draining. I understand the hesitance to spend your money on anything.
This product, however, will do a few things for you and your sanity to allow you to fully enjoy teaching your students:
✅Cut down on your prep time
✅Lesson plans are already created and ready to go
✅Comprehensive and driven by proven results
✅Free updates and added lesson plans
✨I offer sample lessons if you would like to see the quality of my work before spending your hard-earned dollars. Email me at [email protected] and let me know which unit you would like to view. I am confident that you will find this product worth the purchase. ✨
How can I access the lessons❓
Option 1) Google Drive
✨More Sociology Curriculum✨:
⇒ Full Year Course (Everything included below)
⇒ Introduction to Sociology Unit
⇒ Social Stratification Unit
⇒ Race and Ethnicity Unit
⇒ Gender Unit
⇒ Socialization and Families Unit
⇒ Education Unit
⇒ Crime and Deviance Unit
⇒ Final Social Movement Project
✦How do I find out about and access new materials as they are posted?✦
It’s easy! Continue to follow me to get the notification emails of new products. Then, simply re-download the files and copy over the new items.
❤️You may also like❤️:
AP Government Complete Course
American Government and Civics Course
Personal Finance Course
❗This purchase is for one teacher only❗
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. Licenses are non-transferable. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in transferable licenses to accommodate yearly staff changes, please contact me for a quote at [email protected] This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives, unless the site is password protected and can only be accessed by students.