Engage your students while introducing them to the concepts and basics of Sociology with this unit for HSP3U Canada! These Sociology lessons will provide hands-on ways for students to apply knowledge while thinking critically about the material. A variety of media is included with two projects at the end. Make your life easier with this Introduction to Sociology Unit!
This product is included in my full-year course.
Check out my tried-and-true full-year Sociology Course below!
- Files are all organized into folders for easy access
- Lesson plan pacing calendar for each unit to help you in planning
- FREE updates: I teach this course every year and update my plans
- All the videos are included in Powerpoint presentations
- Email support directly from me
- Teacher created and tested by someone with 13 years of experience
- Optimized for 55-minute lessons but adaptable to your schedule
- Thirty Complete lesson plans
- Hands-on student activities + all needed materials to implement the lessons
- TED Talks
- Youtube clips
- Assessment with answer key
- What is sociology?
- What is the sociological imagination?
- Who were famous sociologists?
- What are the main sociological theories?
- How do sociologists do research?
- What is deviance?
- What is racial stratification?
- What is social stratification?
- What is gender stratification?
- What does it mean to be transgender?
- How are we socialized?
- What does it mean when boys put on a mask?
- How do social movements affect Canada?
How can I access the lessons
Option 1) Google Drive
Read what other teachers have said:
“The unit is well organized, functional, and hits on the key issues you want students to have exposure to in a Sociology unit. Also, I found the lessons to be highly adaptable so you can add your own little insights or zing to service your individual students. Makes a teacher’s life easier.” Dave
Still need some convincing?
As a secondary Social Studies teacher, I truly understand the lack of resources provided to us, along with the multitude of preps that are assigned to each teacher. I know the feeling of having to plan for several advanced classes each day, which can be very draining. I understand the hesitance to spend your money on anything.
This product, however, will do a few things for you and your sanity to allow you to fully enjoy teaching your students:
Cut down on your prep time
Lesson plans are already created and ready to go
Comprehensive and driven by proven results
Free updates and added lesson plans
I offer sample lessons if you would like to see the quality of my work before spending your hard-earned dollars. Email me at [email protected] and let me know which unit you would like to view. I am confident that you will find this product worth the purchase.