This bundle includes 25 resources from veteran secondary social studies teachers that will make planning your US history classes much easier! These resources have been used in classrooms worldwide with positive feedback about how students are engaged and loving US history. There is a variety of resources that can be used for a whole class, small group, and independent activities. This bundle will help newer teachers because you will have a variety of activities to pull from, and veteran teachers will benefit because you can add these resources to your existing curriculum. Resources include stations/centers, complete lessons, escape rooms, projects, first-day activities, bulletin boards, primary sources, interactive notebooks, vocabulary, and MORE!
Scroll down to read a description of each resource included in this bundle.
Save tons of money with this American History bundle. Dozens of resources and one small price! Save today on the American History Bundle.
- Back to School Digital Escape Room – Valued $ 5
- Digital & Printable Back to School About Me Activity Templates – Valued $ 3
- Thanksgiving Reading – ELA Digital & Printable Escape Room- Valued $ 5
- History of Christmas Reading Informational Text, Quiz, & Writing Activity Valued at $ 4
- Texas Empresarios Activity Valued- $6
- American Revolution Centers Activity- Valued $6
- Civic Duties and Responsibilities Valued- $5
- Branches of Government DIGITAL 360 Escape Room- Valued $8
- Genius Hour Project- Valued $5
- American History Tournament of Champions- Valued $8
- Articles of Confederation – PPT and Notes Sheet- Valued- $5
- USA Landmarks & World Landmarks Interactive Bulletin Boards- Valued- $7
- U.S History First Day of School Activities- Valued- $5
- Race, Gender & Class in the American Revolution – US History Print + Digital Valued- $5
- Intro to the DBQ for all AP History Classes Covid-19 Edition – Digital or Print- $15
- Jefferson, Madison, and Monroe Vocabulary Activity Set and Word Wall Valued- $6
- Revolutionary War: Biography Summaries of the American Revolution- Value – $5
- Brain Teasers, Bell Ringers, Brain Breaks, & More!- Valued- $5
- Constitution & A New Nation Primary Sources Pack Value- $ 4
- Treaty of Versailles Lesson- Value $ 5
- Latino & Hispanic Americans & Civil Rights Lesson Value $5
- Indigenous Peoples of North America Interactive Notebook $ 3
- Gilded Age Stations Activity Value- $4
- US Review Games- Value $10
- US during WWII Stations- Value $6
- State Research Project with Differentiated Options- Valued $6
Read more details:
- State Research Project with Differentiated Options- Valued $6 Students will research one of the 50 States in this scaffolded research project that is great for helping all students access grade level content! Students will love this state report! This project has differentiated options to best fit your students’ needs.
- Back to School Digital Escape Room – Valued $ 4.75 – This digital escape is a FANTASTIC way to start your school year off right! Perfect for 5th, 6th, 7th, & 8th grade!!! Your students will think you’re the best teacher around when you use this high engagement resource, which allows you to get to know more about them, provide important tips on how they can be successful throughout the school year, and teach them about setting SMART Goals.
- Digital & Printable Back to School About Me Activity Templates – Valued $ 3.25 – Use these digital and printable social media activity templates to get to know your students at the beginning of the year. It’s a great activity to display on the classroom bulletin board, should you choose to print (see examples of students’ work in preview). Great for classroom community building as well.
- Thanksgiving Reading – Digital & Printable Escape Room- Valued 5.25– Thanksgiving Reading – ELA Digital & Printable Escape Room!!! Students will be using reading comprehension, critical thinking, point of view, vocabulary, figurative language, and more and won’t even realize it! If using the digital version, there is NO PREP!
- History of Christmas Reading Informational Text, Quiz, & Writing Activity Valued at $ 3.5-An informational text, reading comprehension, close reading, a ready-made quiz that’s automatically graded, and holiday journal prompts…. this has it all! The digital & printable resource is exactly what you need for your students to have a fun and engaging lesson prior to Christmas Break!
- Texas Empresarios Activity Valued- $5.99 Debate the colonization of Texas with this fun activity. Students will be given background information from a reading on the colonization of Texas. They will debate the solutions to different scenarios experienced by Stephen F. Austin and the American colonists during the Mexican National Era.
- American Revolution Centers Activity- Valued $5.99 Explore the battles and heroes of the American Revolution with biographies Doodle Notes, and stations. Engage your students in the American Revolution by learning about the men and women who helped the 13 Colonies gain their independence!
- Civic Duties and Responsibilities Valued- $5 What are your civic duties and responsibilities? Allow your students to explore this topic with content readings, Doodle Notes, and Hexagonal Thinking activity. Your students can work in groups as they explore the mandatory and voluntary responsibilities of citizenship.
- Branches of Government DIGITAL 360 Escape Room- Valued 7.99 – The Branches of Government DIGITAL Escape ROOM gives students a chance to decode puzzles and read passages, all while actively learning! Students will practice reading comprehension and critical thinking skills as they search for icons in a 360° room. No prior knowledge is needed.
- Genius Hour Project- Valued $5– Feeling uninspired and in need of a creative jumpstart in your class? This Genius Hour Project jumpstarted my students’ minds and hearts. It reignited their passion for learning, increased their motivation, and reinvigorated their spirit. This project will leave you and your students feeling excited about learning by offering a new perspective and helping you gain new insight on an interesting subject!
- American History Tournament of Champions- Valued $7.50– This is a great end of the year activity for your American History students who study Exploration through the U.S. Civil War. Students will incorporate critical thinking, writing, and speaking skills to try and persuade their classmates that the topic they chose should be crowned as having the greatest impact on American history. Set up in a March Madness tournament bracket – this is a tried and true end of the year activity I use with my 8th graders every year!
- Articles of Confederation – PPT and Notes Sheet- Valued- $5 Used in over 1,200 classrooms, this resource will help your students understand America’s first attempt at a formal set of rules without them drifting off into daydream land. Provided is a summarized story about the Articles of Confederation that I use with my 8th grade U.S. History students which explains why the Articles of Confederation came about, the powers delegated to the state and national governments, and the strengths and weaknesses of the document.
- USA Landmarks & World Landmarks Interactive Bulletin Boards- Valued- $6.50 These bulletin boards are ones that students will stop and look at to see if they guessed correctly. Included in this resource are 25 famous world & USA landmarks that each have a picture, a summary of the landmark, and the location shown on a map underneath. A large map with all of the locations will go on each bulletin board as well for your students to take a guess at the location and then open the cover of each landmark to see if they were correct.
- U.S History First Day of School Activities- Valued- $4.80 I know that on the first day of school most students get bombarded with rules and expectations for most of their first day. How about doing something different? Get them out of their seats and give yourself a chance to observe the kids you’re going to be with all year by having them do a partner museum walk and an American history timeline matchup!
- Race, Gender & Class in the American Revolution – US History Print + Digital Valued- $5 This activity includes 3 options: digital interactive notebook, printable worksheet + PPT, or Pear Deck. It covers the important topic of analyzing race, gender and class during and after the American Revolution. Students will watch short video clips, read primary sources, and analyze excerpts from Howard Zinn’s examination of the American Revolution and Constitution. They bring it all together at the end by answering the question: To what extent did all Americans benefit equally from the revolution?
- Intro to the DBQ for all AP History Classes Covid-19 Edition – Digital or Print- $14.99 Everything in this writing workshop is ready to post for your students. This 3-part series will help students to learn about and master EACH rubric point for the AP Document Based Question. It also taps into student experience with coronavirus-themed lessons and practice.
- Jefferson, Madison, and Monroe Vocabulary Activity Set and Word Wall Valued- $5.50 This bundle contains our Jefferson, Madison, and Monroe Vocabulary Activities for Google Drive and Jefferson, Madison, and Monroe Word Wall. This word wall contains 26 words and is available in both a color version and a (mostly) black and white version. These easy-to-read cards are ready to print and display in your classroom! The vocabulary activities for Google Drive contain 7 different vocabulary activities that can easily be posted on Google Classroom!
- Revolutionary War: Biography Summaries of the American Revolution- Value – $5 Help your students learn about the American Revolution through the influential people that contributed to the War. With these Historical Biography Summaries, students will enjoy studying about the past through researching and documenting some of history’s greats.
- Brain Teasers, Bell Ringers, Brain Breaks, & More!- Valued- $5 Everyone loves logic puzzles, riddles, and critical thinking. Expand your students’ brain power with this set of Brain Teasers to use as bell ringers or brain breaks in your classroom! In both printable and digital versions, these brain teasers are perfect for distance learning as well!
- Constitution & A New Nation Primary Sources Pack Value- $3.5 This resource includes 6 carefully curated primary sources to analyze that will enhance any Constitution & A New Nation unit. Each of the primary documents focuses on one aspect of the Articles of Confederation, the US Constitution, and the five presidencies of George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, & John Monroe to analyze. There is a PDF & a GOOGLE version of the primary documents so you can easily assign to your students if you are teaching virtually.
- Treaty of Versailles Lesson- Value $ 5 This Treaty of Versailles lesson includes a PowerPoint, slotted notes, reading passage, comprehension activities, & quiz. Some components are editable so you can tweak it to your students’ needs. Audios of the reading passage & quiz are included.
- Latino & Hispanic Americans & Civil Rights Lesson Value $5– This no prep complete lesson (digital & editable components included) is about Latino & Hispanic Americans & civil rights that includes 3-5 days of materials. Audios of the reading passage & quiz are included. Includes an informational passage, PPT, slotted notes, comprehension activities, and a quiz.
- Indigenous Peoples of North America Interactive Notebook $ 3.25 This resource includes 9 interactive notebook activities (with 2 digital versions, Easy Notes, & Absent Notes!) that will enhance any Indigenous Peoples of North America unit. Each of the activities focuses on one region of North America and the Indigenous Peoples who live there. Students will better understand each concept as well as have their own record of the information to which they can refer during the unit.
- Gilded Age Stations Activity Value- $4 This resource includes 5 stations that will enhance any Gilded Age unit. Each of the stations focuses on one aspect of the mid to late 19th century US history era. These engaging stations offer true student led learning opportunities. There is a PDF & a digital version of the stations so you can easily assign to your students if you are teaching virtually.
- US Review Games- Value $10 Accelerate and engage your US History students’ with this online distance learning review games! This product contains 10 editable Socrative games that are sure to engage your students. T
- US during WWII Stations- Value $6 Enhance your teaching with this comprehensive United States Homefront during WWII Station Lesson! This is a complete 55-minute station lesson on the US homefront during World War II. Not only will this lesson lead your students to master critical thinking skills, but it will make your life much easier.